Verifying a Facebook Page
It is easier to verify a business Facebook page than you can imagine.
If you own a Facebook page which is under the category of Local Businesses or Companies and Organisations, your page is more than likely to qualify for a Facebook verification badge. All you need is an existing business Facebook page and your business’ publicly listed phone number.
If you are an admin of the page and meet the criteria, you will have the option to verify your Facebook page through the page’s settings.
To do so, you must follow these steps:
- Click Settings at the top of the Page
- Follow the General option, and select Page Verification
- Choose to Verify this Page, then click on Get Started
- You will be asked to enter a publicly listed phone number of your business, your country, and your spoken language.
- Select the Call Me Now Option, in order for Facebook to call you with a code, which will enable you to verify your page.
- Input the 4 digit verification code and proceed by selecting Continue.
Alternatively to using a publicly displayed business phone number, you can verify you business page by uploading a business document. You can simply do this by selecting the Verify this page with documents instead. You will then be instructed to upload photographic evidence of an official document presenting your business’ name and an address.
Once either of the forms of verification has been completed, Facebook will then review the information you have provided to ensure they match the public records. You will be provided with a notification or an email, on the progress and status of your business page verification. This can take up to a few days.
If you are experiencing any problems with verifying your business page, you can come straight to us, and we will ensure this is accomplished hassle free. Alongside this, we provide other social media management services, including search engine optimization. You can contact our team at: email@example.com